When searching for a vendor to service your automotive locksmithing and programming needs, we understand that you have choices. From large national chains to your average "mom and pop" lock shop, everybody has their niche. At CT Auto Lock, we believe we have the perfect combination of prices, service, and vehicle coverage for the following reasons:
1. We work exclusively in New Haven county. This drastically cuts down our "response time" over our competition. While the national chain locksmith companies cover a large area, they often cannot respond to a service call for up to a week! At CT Auto Lock, we stay local to provide same day/next day service on almost 100% of our calls.
2. For our wholesale customers, in the event of an emergency, we are able to make keys on-site at your retail customer's location. This is something that no large chain offers their wholesale customers. The vehicle must be within our service area, and there is an additional charge for this service. But under the right conditions, this can be a valuable service that only CT Auto Lock offers.
3. We cover more makes and models than anybody in our area. From Chevrolet to Mercedes-Benz, we have more specialized equipment and a bigger selection of keys in-stock than anyone else in the area.
4. In addition to making car keys, CT Auto Lock matches new and used computer modules in many late model vehicles. We use both OE and aftermarket software and hardware to program and pair many complex modules on today's vehicles.
5. At CT Auto Lock, we re-manufacture many car keys for our own use. This allows us to provide our customers with OE quality keys while keeping prices to a minimum. Check out our photos for some sneak-peeks at our remanufacturing processes.
Most Importantly, we are a family owned and operated company. When you call CT Auto Lock, the phone you are calling is the company owner's cell phone. CT Auto Lock is fully licensed and insured, and meets all requirements to do business legally in the state of CT.
Michael and Lauren are not only husband and wife, but are successful business partners too!
Michael graduated from Notre Dame High School in West Haven, CT in 2001. After having various jobs in the automotive industry, he decided to finally start his own locksmith and repair business. Michael's extensive background in automotive repair, electrical diagnostics, and computer programming makes locksmithing on today's highly advanced cars a natural fit!
Lauren graduated from Sacred Heart University in Fairfield in 2008. With a major in Biology, Lauren was determined to complete medical school and become a doctor. But life had other plans, as it so often does. She married Michael and started a family of her own the same year. Aside from raising three children, Lauren runs the office end of CT Auto Lock.
Aside from the company owner being present at every job we perform, CT Auto Lock has many advantages over our competition. We offer mobile service, and will come to you to generate new car keys on the spot. This avoids the need for a tow truck and also avoids working around the limited schedule of your local dealership.
CT Auto Lock not only makes keys for EVERY American and Asian car manufacturer, but also covers many "difficult" vehicle manufacturers such as Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Volvo, Land Rover, Jaguar, and others. In fact, many other local locksmiths and dealerships send us the work that they themselves cannot do!
Have any questions? Send us an email! We would be more than happy to give advice based on your specific situation - free of charge!
Due to our overwhelming wholesale and commercial workload, CT Auto Lock is not open to the general public at this time.